USAID Kosovo Investment Promotion and Access to Finance Activity
Job Description and Statement of Work
Overview: DT Global is seeking a long-term Diversified Finance Specialist for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Kosovo Investment Promotion and Access to Finance Activity.
The Investment Promotion and Access to Finance Activity (“Activity”) is a 5-year activity awarded to DT Global in consortia with Kosovo-based Recura and US-based Connexus, which aims to strengthen private sector capacity for sustainable economic growth through two components: 1) attracting investment; and 2) increasing diversified finance. The Activity adopts a private sector-led approach by creating sustainable partnerships between private sector stakeholders and the Government of Kosovo (GOK).
The Activity is recruiting for the following position:
Name of Position: Diversified Finance Specialist
Support implementation of activities across workstreams to achieve results under Objective 2 on Diversified Finance. S/he works under the direct supervision of the Diversified Finance Lead to execute all relevant project activities.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide close support to Diversified Finance Lead in project planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting.
- Provide technical and logistical support and input for program design, training, workshops, meetings, and other public facing activities of the project.
- Provide close support to the Diversified Finance Lead in the process of engaging consultants and service providers.
- Support the Diversified Finance Lead in the process of grant programming, execution and monitoring.
- Provide assistance to the Diversified Finance Lead, including the DCOP and Monitoring Evaluation (MEL) Lead, in tracking activity deliverables and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform substantive and technical research as needed to inform the design and feasibility of proposed program activities.
- As directed by Diversified Finance Lead, support effective and efficient coordination of technical and operational activities with the rest of the technical team, including close coordination with the monitoring and evaluation, communications, grants and operational teams.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular communication and collaboration between team members, ensuring effective flow of information and timely completion of project activities.
- Review, draft, and when needed brand and archive project deliverables (technical deliverables including but not limited to workplans, quarterly and annual reports, STTA outputs, etc.), including communication pieces i.e., success stories, etc.
- Provide assistance in preparing regular reporting for the client as well as to the home office as requested, including maintaining databases of achievements.
Minimum Education Requirement
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Professional Experience/Capabilities
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in banking/finance.
- Experience in program design is an asset.
- Experience in international development projects is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including delivering formal and informal presentations and drafting and editing deliverables in Albanian and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently and in a team.
- Attention to detail; good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proven experience with MS Office applications.
- Fluency in Albanian and English, knowledge of Serbian is a plus.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Diversity and inclusion: Convey respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
Expected Period of Performance: A one-year contract with the possibility of renewal. The expected period of performance is March 2024 – December 2027
Level of Effort: 100%, full-time (260 days per year)
Supervisor: Diversified Finance Lead
To apply please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English to [email protected] by Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 17:00. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behaviour and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behaviour, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.