Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist
Compact Program Summary
The Government of the Republic of Kosovo (the “Government” or “GoK”) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), a United States government agency, signed a grant aimed at accelerating the country’s transition towards an energy future that is more sustainable, inclusive, reliable and affordable. The GoK has ratified the compact and has designated a new entity as an autonomous agency to exercise and perform the GoK’s rights and obligations to oversee, manage and implement the Compact Programs. This entity will be referred to as MCA-Kosovo.
Millennium Challenge Account – Kosovo is recruiting for the position of the Specialist, Gender and Social Inclusion.
Under the direct supervision of the Gender and Social Inclusion Director, the GSI Specialist is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of social inclusion, gender and poverty reduction efforts, across project activities, ensuring consistency with established policies, operational requirements, and work plans. He/She is also responsible to support the grants management process in two MCA-Kosovo Grant Programs. The position is based in Prishtina, Kosovo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Gender and Social Inclusion Director, provides technical input to the MCA, implementing entities, and project stakeholders to ensure that social inclusion, gender, and poverty reduction considerations are effectively integrated in accordance with MCC policies and procedures across all stages of program development and implementation;
- Assists the Gender and Social Inclusion Director with the implementation, regular monitoring and updating of the Social and Gender Integration plan (SGIP) that incorporates relevant poverty, social and gender analyses, and inputs into projects and activities;
- Monitors and reports to the Gender and Social Inclusion Director and MCA management on the quality of integration of gender, social inclusion and poverty reduction efforts in all project activities and identifies areas where integration can be strengthened or modified;
- Supports the Gender and Social Inclusion Director in providing technical support to the implementation of JETA project, Energy Storage project and more particularly its WEE sub-activity;
- Provides technical oversight for consultants and/or contractors providing social and gender integration services for Compact activities;
- Provides support in the Grants Management process.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s University Degree in social sciences or a related discipline (e.g. anthropology, sociology, gender studies, public policy, community development, developmental economics, etc.);
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in social and gender integration in programs of a similar nature, in an international development context;
- Fluency in Albanian and English.
Preferred background and work experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in social and gender integration in programs of a similar nature, in an international development context;
- Demonstrated experience in working with women’s entrepreneurship and women’s employment;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and Office365;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Knowledge and experience in grants management;
- Knowledge and experience in working in energy or energy transition project;
- Fluency in another official language of Kosovo (Serbo-Croatian or other).
For more information on MCC and the Kosovo compact, please go to:
All interested applicants are required to complete the offline Application Form, which you can download through this link.
Please send electronically the required completed Application Form, including an up-to-date resume to [email protected] no later than February 16, 2024 at 17:00 Kosovo time. Only completed application package will be accepted (resume and application form). The e-mail subject line must indicate the position title for which you are applying.
Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the given Application Form or in languages other than English shall not be considered. Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
All MCA-Kosovo employees will be selected based on an open and competitive recruitment and selection process in accordance with the provisions of the Compact. In addition, the recruitment of all employees of MCA-Kosovo will be carried out in accordance with the principles and indications stipulated by the constitutional and legal provisions, including equal opportunity, merit, competency, transparency, and non-discrimination under all its forms.