SCOPE OF WORK
Critical Infrastructure, Digitization, and Resilience (CIDR)
JOB TITLE: HR and Recruitment Assistant
PROJECT: Critical Infrastructure, Digitization, and Resilience
REPORTS TO: HR and Recruitment Specialist
LOCATION: Eastern Europe (Albania, Kosovo, Georgia, North Macedonia, Moldova, and Serbia)
LEVEL OF EFFORT: LTTA
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: September 2023 to August 2025 with possibility of extension.
The Critical Infrastructure Digitalization and Resilience (CIDR) program is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The CIDR program will support the governments of countries within USAID’s Europe and Eurasia (E&E) portfolio in assisting critical infrastructure entities to: incorporate cybersecurity best practices into organizational operations, planning, and procurement; prioritize cybersecurity investment needs; select appropriate mandatory or voluntary standards and corresponding security controls; and establish the basis for region-wide cybersecurity information sharing. Through a regional approach targeting improved policies and legislation, information sharing, workforce development, and capacity-building, the program will target sectors such as energy, water, transport, healthcare, finance, and telecommunications to improve their cybersecurity protection and response capabilities.
The HR and Recruitment Assistant will assist the HR and Recruitment Specialist in all activities related to Human Resources and recruitments according to DAI’s policies, procedures, local labor laws and USAID requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the HR and Recruitment Specialist, the incumbent responsibilities include, but is not limited to, supporting all human resources operations, local recruitment, personnel records/files, maintain the Technical and Administration Management System (TAMIS), staff trackers and organization chart updated, assist in employee onboarding and offboarding, coordinate performance reviews, and ensuring adherence to DAI policies and procedures, USAID regulations, and local labor laws.
Please note that the HR and Recruitment Assistant will be a member of the project core team and he/she is expected to provide support to all countries. Currently, CIDR has offices in Albania, Kosovo, Georgia, North Macedonia, Moldova, and Serbia. Qualified candidates from the above countries are encouraged to apply, and all candidates will be treated equally.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in human resource operations on the project, including recruitment, hiring, employee onboarding and offboarding, staff orientation, and performance reviews in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, DAI policies, and local labor laws.
- Carry out administrative work involving the HR functions and maintain related records.
- Support recruitment and hiring process including vacancies announcement, shortlisting of resumes, scheduling, observing interviews, collection of required documents, reference checks, and salary history verification.
- Track and notify managers when annual performance appraisals are due.
- Request documents from selected candidates and help hiring manager with onboarding process.
- Enter HR data into Technical & Administrative Information System (TAMIS) and generate required reports.
- Keep employees personnel file up to date. Complete periodic checks of employee files for completeness.
- Update the Scope of works in coordination with Hiring Managers and assist HR Specialist with auditing the personal files as needed.
- Assist employees with routine personnel related questions and issues.
- Follow up with hiring managers on staff recruitment, such as vacancy announcements, short-listing, interviewing, reference checks, offer letters, employment agreements.
- Coordinate preparation of employment offer letter, employment agreements and employment agreement amendments/modifications.
- Ensure personnel files are stored in SharePoint and TAMIS for all long-term and short-term project staff.
- Notify the HR Team about changes in local labor laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of human resources information and issues.
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The position will be reporting HR and Recruitment Specialist, as well as taking direction from the Senior Finance and Operations Director, as needed.
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or any related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in human resources management on USAID-funded projects is required. Experience with other donor-funded programs would be considered.
- Knowledge of local labor laws and USAID rules and regulations related to personnel management and compliance.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties.
- When needed, travel may be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting discrimination in all forms, nurturing respect for our interpersonal relationships, and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Link to apply: Position Description (taleo.net)