Position Title: JAVA Software Engineer
Location: Prishtinë, Kosovo, Hybrid
Key Skills: Core Java, Spring Boot/ Spring DI
Who Are We?
Bottomline are aligned to lead the business payments industry by removing complexity, and uniquely addressing the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid.
A journey that goes around the world serving financial institutions and companies in more than 90 countries, head quartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire US, with offices situated across Europe and Asia.
This role is based in Kosovo, the office is set in the heart of Prishtinë embassy territory. The teams deliver critical development with our emergent technologies and products, facilitating growth in both customer delight and new markets. Our mission for Prishtinë allows us to continuously learn, innovate, facilitate, and motivate knowledge sharing together while attracting the best talent in Kosovo and its neighbouring countries.
Culture and Values
We are one global team, creating customer delight, who are strongly committed to maintaining our culture, and ensuring our values and principles are lived out daily.
We empower each other to think like owners, building a company of which we can all be proud of and produce results collaboratively.
Strongly committed to sharing ideas, innovating, and supporting one another, both personally and
professionally on our global business payments journey. We are in it together, tried, and true.
See the people behind the best payments business tell their stories here
Financial Messaging is the mission critical function to securely communicate, reconcile, and manage the data in financial transactions within and between banks, both locally and internationally.
As a Software Engineer, you will work within an agile SCRUM team for FM, on Bottomline’s innovative Payments and Financial Document Automation SaaS solutions. You will bring enthusiasm, and experience to the role, while working with current technologies to build innovative functionality and evolve our class leading solution into a micro-service based, ‘public cloud ready’ solution and participate in investigating new technologies, developing prototypes, new products, features, and architectural discussions.
- Operates independently while taking appropriate direction
- Shows demonstrable ownership and follow-up of direction given
- Consistently shows initiative and drives work independently
- Drives work to closure
- Shows pride in quality of work being done
- Understands, follows, and contributes to the refinement of team processes
- Offers creative, alternative approaches to current ways of doing things
- Possesses demonstrated understanding and use of tools/processes used in this position (e.g., project manager would have experience with productivity tools and a developer would have experience with repository / SDLC)
- Identifies and manages risks making effort to mitigate or raising appropriately for guidance
- Proactively and consistently raises and reports on design deficiencies and product/operational/project risks
- Asks for Help as appropriate and learns from it. Shares learnings with peers
- Relates effectively to people across all levels, including leaders, peers, and other team members
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
- Experience with Core Java and Spring Boot/Spring DI
- RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MSSQL/PostgreSQL)
- Unit testing and mocking tools
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to breakdown complex processes and algorithms and explain them to non-technical members of the team
- Supports data gathering and assimilation to formulate a hypothesis, and conducts an objective root cause analysis using a structured problem-solving approach
- Have a positive and all-in attitude
- Believe in producing results and contributing to our purpose of delighting customers
- Continuously learning, growing and knowledge sharing to win and grow
Having a good working knowledge or understanding of these skills and experience will be beneficial but not essential, as our inclusive goals consider aptitude and long-term growth.
- University Degree or Equivalent
- Self-starter, drive to innovate
- Banking or payments
- Developing Microservices
- ORM(Dapper/JPA etc.)
- Elastic Stack
- Customer facing API
Bottomline are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all individuals in a fair and equal manner by creating an inclusive and open environment.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates to take part in the full recruitment and selection process, please contact EMEA Talent Team