Recruitment for Chemonics International
IT/Digitalization Lead for Private Sector and CSO Engagement
Position Title: Objective Three Lead (IT/Digitalization Lead for Private Sector and CSO Engagement)
Position Type: Cooperating Country National (Kosovo citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident)
Period of Assignment: Long-term, full-time
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo e-Governance Activity, a 5-year, $10 million project that started in August 2023 and will end in August 2028, whose purpose is to address long-standing challenges related to poor digital service delivery and ineffective management of digital government systems by the Government of Kosovo through three main activity objectives:
- Institutional roles and governance processes are clear, actionable, and implemented.
- Key institutions have the technical expertise and program management skills to develop, manage, and deliver digital government platforms and services.
- External feedback and oversight mechanisms on digital priorities and service delivery are established and used.
The IT/Digitalization Lead for Private sector and CSO Engagement will be the technical and management leader for Objective 3, focusing on integrating external feedback and oversight mechanisms into digital government initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Objective Three Leader will provide technical and management leadership to the activity objective that s/he leads.
- Manage activities under the corresponding objective; lead engagement with civil society organizations (CSO), the private sector, and relevant government institutions.
- Advance public private dialogue between GoK and the private sector.
- Ensuring interventions and tools within the objective that s/he leads are technically sound, contextually appropriate, and innovative.
- Maintain productive relationships with local stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration, coordination, and engagement, within the responsibility of the Objective that s/he leads.
- Contribute to program work planning and reporting.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in management information systems; management informatics; computer science or related studies and or related fields required.
- Demonstrated technology leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in information technology, digital governance and/or management information systems; management informatics; exposure to digital transformation projects.
- Proficiency in IT and digital governance and significant experience in managing comparable projects.
- S/he should have strong technical expertise in the area s/he will manage; and significant experience in implementing development projects of similar size and complexity.
- Prior experience in workforce development and capacity building; prior experience engaging youth, women, and marginalized or underrepresented groups.
- Experience fostering and maintaining public private dialogue.
- The objective leader must be a locally hired employee with extensive knowledge of local context and political economy issues related to the component s/he will lead.
- S/he must have a proven track record in working effectively with other projects, high-level host country host government counterparts, and other international partners.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Kosovo government digital services efforts, strategies, and challenges.
- Proficient written and oral English is required.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to [email protected] no later than February 16th , 2024. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.