Senior QA Engineer
Position: Senior QA Engineer
Jugo is a wholly owned subsidiary of GDS Group, developed to cater for our client’s needs as an all-in-one B2B meeting and events platform for building better audience engagement. Industry transformed over the pandemic, remote working, fragmented environments, digital fatigue: the world of work has changed, and Jugo is here to help!
Jugo provides businesses the platform needed to deliver their communication objectives in a ground-breaking, first to market, innovative way.
Jugo offers beautifully immersive 3D environments that allow businesses to create events or meetings in minutes using cutting-edge 3D graphics technology as a true SaaS platform, delivered by bringing the best of traditional software and games development technologies together.
Its easy-to-use interface puts our customers in control of the entire event-building process allowing them to create unique, engaging events in minutes, not days, and our Meetings offering provides them an immersive and connective environment for smaller scale collaboration.
Why work with us?
- Work within and push the boundaries of a leading-edge technology environment utilising Unreal Engine, WebGL, WebRTC and AWS Chime whilst having the freedom to explore and innovate in a safe and collaborative team culture.
- Test and create an immersive and rich customer experience using a mix of the latest web, mobile and game technology.
- Play a key role in creating a cutting-edge ‘never been done’ before greenfield platform!
- Work in a cross-functional team comprised of Engineers, Testers, Product representatives, UI/UX and 3D Artists!
- Test and develop our always on, scalable and resilient services that power our platform!
- Awesome egoless culture with a focus on our people and learning.
- Explore and expand your interest in games technology in an engineering environment!
About the role:
Jugo is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior QA Engineer Tester to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to work and lead on a greenfield ‘never been done before’ product leveraging the latest technology.
We are looking for individuals who love to explore and innovate with the aim of creating a truly first-class enterprise virtual platform and product. If you have backend virtual world, gaming experience or a passion for it then this is the place for you!
You will be involved in shaping and evolving our quality assurance approach as we shift towards a more Agile method of software delivery. Attention to quality is the key focus of the business at this stage and the ideal candidate for this role will bring their experience of testing early, being a critical eye at requirements level and providing quick feedback to our engineers.
This is an impactful role, working in a creative environment with an amazing culture allowing you to be part of a team who build brilliant software using the latest and best in class technologies.
- Be an experienced and skilled Manual Tester with a good understanding of Agile software development, a passion for quality and a tenacious, proactive, self-starter approach.
- Be the go-to tester for advice and ideas on how to improve the efficiency, speed of feedback and overall quality assurance provided by the manual test function.
- Thrive in a ground-breaking product environment, testing within a new to market environment, challenging you to solve multiple complex test requirements within a highly creative and visual environment.
- Be confident and collaborative in advising a newly formed manual team on best practices to test early and provide quick feedback to add value to the business.
- Have a solid knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools, techniques, processes and the SDLC.
- Have experience in creating and executing test cases/scenarios but understanding that we value quick feedback over extensive test documentation.
- Experience maintaining and developing efficient regression packs as a pre-cursor to having them automated.
- Have hands-on experience with test design & implementation
- Experience in bug finding, triage and identifying criticality to enable teams to resolve issues
- You will be actively working in cross functional squads so working with development teams and product owners on daily basis
Who are we looking for:
- You are familiar with Jira/other bug tracking software
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and ways of working
- You are experienced in the testing of multiple environments and stages of release.
- Experience with testing on multiple devices (laptops, mobile devices etc)
- Overall, you are highly motivated manual tester who is passionate about quality, has effective communication skills and is keen to continuously learn and share knowledge with others.
- Strong experience working with test tooling and developing testing suites
- Excellent organisation skills – there is a lot going on here!
- Exposure to performance and aspects of security testing
- Ideally with some cloud exposure, either AWS, Azure or GCP
- Knowledge of the virtual or gaming industry or video streaming is a great advantage.
- Direct experience of testing games.
- Knowledge of test automation and how it sits hand in hand with manual testing to add value.
All interested candidates, please send out your CVs in English only using the following link: