Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Consultancy on the Gender and Social Inclusion Study – Empowering Rural Economies in Agriculture, EREA programme in Kosovo
Please note that this is a short version of the Terms of Reference (ToR) for this assignment. The full version incl. the application procedure can be found here:
Caritas Switzerland is an independent Swiss NGO, engaged in Switzerland and in more than 20 countries worldwide, including Kosovo. Our mission is to prevent, combat and sustainably eradicate poverty. To achieve this goal, Caritas employs a policy of equity: we support inclusive communities with opportunities for everyone regardless of their ethnic background, group affiliation or gender. Caritas Switzerland has been working in Kosovo since 1999, focusing on social inclusion, rural development and rehabilitation. Based on the Strategy 2021-2025, our central themes are Income, Climate Change and Migration. Caritas Switzerland in Kosovo is implementing a highly regarded agricultural project which aims at contributing to the socio-economic development of the country by supporting farmers and the sector in income generation and new employment opportunities, funded by the Austrian Development Cooperation and Prishtina municipality. In particular, the EREA programme contributes to more sustainable and inclusive market systems by increasing the participation of producers and market actors and enhancing their income and productivity, thus contributing to poverty reduction for rural populations, particularly women and marginalized groups.
The objective of this assignment is to enhance gender and social inclusion within Kosovo’s agriculture sector under the EREA programme. Focusing on property ownership and business formalization challenges, the study will provide the EREA programme/team with actionable recommendations for empowering rural women and marginalized groups, while addressing barriers and proposing interventions.
Deliverables and Timeframe
The activity will commence once the contract has been signed by both parties and will end by the end of 31.06.2024. For this activity, the consultancy amount shall not exceed 20`000 € unless negotiated in advance with the EREA Project Manager and approved by the Caritas Switzerland Country Director.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in gender studies, social sciences, or a relevant field related to the study;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in social research design, quantitative and qualitative data collection, and analysis with a focus on gender equality and social inclusion;
- Significant experience conducting gender analyses and social inclusion, research on gender equality and social inclusion, and gender mainstreaming;
- Knowledge of gender transformative project design with substantial experience in design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of national, regional and international frameworks, agreements, and initiatives on gender inclusivity.
- Preferably, sector-level experience in the fields of rural, market systems, and agricultural development.
- A broad mix of communication and writing skills in English, Albanian, and Serbian which will be required for interviews, data analysis, and report writing.
Please submit your application in line with the ToR by 14.02.2024 through the link below. Please find the ToRs for further information on the consultancy and application procedure here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C0hJNLQ9a2s7LxS2MuMEWmXDKMse_Cfa/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=101415172652164633203&rtpof=true&sd=true