Value Chain Coordinator
Caritas Switzerland Country Office for Kosovo is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for the position of Value Chain Coordinator (1 position, starting date 10th April 2023).
The Project “Sustainable and Inclusive Rural Economic Development (SIRED)” aims to reduce poverty and exclusion in rural areas of Kosovo thanks to more sustainable and inclusive market systems. The project is based on the Market Systems Development (MSD) approach and has a special focus towards the inclusion of women and marginalized people. The project is implemented in 6-8 municipalities, focusing on 2-4 sub-sectors, which will be equally divided between the two Value Chain Coordinators (3-4 municipalities, 1-2 sub-sectors each).
The Value Chain Coordinator will be engaged in the SIRED Project implementation under the direct supervision of the Project Manager in specific tasks listed below.
- To coordinate all activities in the selected municipalities and sub-sectors in the frame of the project;
- To work closely with the counterpart Value Chain Coordinator in coordinating activities, exchanging experiences and good practices, and supporting each other, if needed;
- To support Market Actors, Agribusiness, National Associations and other stakeholders in the value chain in enhancing performance and organizational structures and procedures;
- To conduct systematic organizational capacity assessments of producer organisations and cooperatives included in the project and other actors in the value chain;
- To provide support to Market Actors, Agribusiness, and National Associations in implementing organizational development plans, conducting advisory services, and connecting them with Input suppliers and other relevant private sector companies.
- To provide advice & capacity building to selected actors in the value chain.
- To establish/maintain communication and good relations with the authorities for agriculture/food security in the respective municipalities and assure regular information on SIRED;
- To ensure that women and men of different ethnicities equally participate in the value chain and benefit from project activities;
- To conduct regular monitoring to Market Actors and Agribusiness benefited from the project according to the monitoring tools in place and regularly update Project Manager and M&E Coordinator about project implementation.
- Further duties upon request of the project manager.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration or a similar field;
- Minimum of five years of experience in international cooperation, preferably in the field of agriculture, food security, and rural development; knowledge of MSD approach is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Albanian (both written and spoken); knowledge of Serbian is an asset;
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with a variety of stakeholders;
- Very good skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to work independently, diligently, and reliably;
- Team- and service-oriented attitude, high level of flexibility;
- Readiness for regular field visits;
- A valid driving license (B1)
Send your application latest by 20 March 2023 via email to [email protected] and cc [email protected] indicating “Value Chain Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please provide (in English) a:
- Motivation Letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with details of your qualifications, experience, present position and remuneration, the earliest date of availability,
- Emails addresses, contact info and job position of three referees.
Note that applications without Motivation Letter or CV may not be considered for shortlisting!